Please bring the following ingredients on Wednesday, June 27 to the Floral Building Hall – 1:30 p.m.
A small amount of charcoal (30 coals) if you have it. If not, we will have some to share.
A chimney for starting coals, if you have one.
German Berry Pankcake Done Dutch By Matt Hackney Click link to download recipe.
6 large eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 cup raspberries
1 cup blueberries
• dry ingredients in a ziplock bag (flour, salt, sugar)
• large bowl
• dutch oven and tools
1. In a large bowl, whisk eggs until smooth. Then whisk in milk and dry ingredients until
3. Set a 12-qt. dutch oven over a ring of 18 coals and add butter. When butter melts, stir
to coat pan and pour in batter. Scatter 1/2 of the berries on top and cover with lid.
4. Place 10 coals on top and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Move 6 coals from bottom to top and continue to cook until Dutch baby is puffed and
deep golden all over with no liquid in the center, 15 to 20 additional minutes.
6. Scatter remaining berries over Dutch baby. Cut into wedges and serve.