THE WALLY BYAM AIRSTREAM CLUB’S
2018 International Rally, Salem, OR
CLICK HERE FOR PARKING DIRECTIONS. DON’T RELY ON YOUR GPS.
Each day the club publishes a “Rally News” with the latest updates, schedule changes and additions to the schedule. Click > RALLY NEWS JUNE 22-24 to download today’s Rally News to your mobile device, or just scroll down to read today’s updates.
SCROLL DOWN FOR RALLY PROGRAM CHANGES
Rally News, Issue #2 Editor: Susan Martin #4334
Friday, June 22 – Sunday, June 24
Salem Water Advisory Continues for Vulnerable Population
- You may have heard about the “Salem Water Crisis”—low levels of algae in the municipal water supply that make tap water unhealthy for pets, children under six years old, medically vulnerable adults, and the elderly. (Water is safe for bathing and washing dishes.) City of Salem drinking water recently passed a safety test, but city officials are leaving a health advisory in effect a while longer as a precaution. Your Club has been actively monitoring the situation with the City of Salem and the Oregon State Fair & Exposition Center. To ensure that our attendees have access to clean, safe drinking water, Rally organizers and the Oregon State Fair have arranged to host one of Salem’s free bottled water distribution sites just outside the fairgrounds. For more information visit cityofsalem.net.
- Additionally, Airstream, Inc. is sponsoring a “purified water bar” refilling station for our Club. This granular activated carbon-filtered unit—conveniently located on the Fairgrounds at the southwest corner of Columbia Hall—has been augmented to include a UV system and a larger polishing filter that will make Salem municipal water safe for drinking. Attendees will be able to conveniently refill bottles with fresh, filtered water free of toxins, chlorine and unwanted tastes and odors, too.
- For medical emergencies, call 911.
- For this and all other emergencies, call (937) 507-5549. This phone will be answered by a member of the Executive Committee who will assist you as needed.
Remember to sign up for the Text Messages on your phone. Text messages will be sent to your phone could include severe weather updates, last minute schedule changes or other important rally related information. We ask that only members attending the Rally sign up to receive texts to help keep cost down. To sign up during the Rally text the word NEST to phone number 25827. Your cellular phone carrier regular rates may apply.
Check-in (formerly Registration) hours are 9 am-4 pm June 23, and 1-4 pm on Sunday, June 24. Bring the red ticket from your Welcome envelope to receive your Welcome Bag.
Need Any Service on Your Trailer or Motorhome?
Airstream Adventures Northwest will doing service work, beginning at 9:am, June 23. They will be scheduling service appointments online. Go to https://www.airstreamnw.com/internationalrally/, scroll down or click on the “Schedule Service” tab, fill out the form with your desired time, and the service department will do the rest.
Amateur Radio Club (ARC)
- The WBCCI Amateur Radio Club (ARC) will hold its International Rally Net each morning at 0730 hours on 146.430 mHz; listen for WB8RC.
- The WBCCI ARC station will be set up in the Information Booth located at the edge of the Purple Columbia parking area next to the Natural Resources Center. Stop in to see us and work the station. Questions? Contact Don Williams – #14207.
Evening Announcements/Items for Rally News
All items for the evening announcements or for the Rally News must be submitted in the Announcements/ Rally News box at Member Services NO LATER THAN 4 p.m. each day.
Wi-Fi is available in all the buildings. Use Guest Wireless. No password required.
Access to the Fairgrounds
After 6 pm all gates to the Fairgrounds will be closed except one. Access to the Fairgrounds will be through the Bull Pen.
- If you need volunteers for your committee, please contact Jack White #6300 in the Check-In area. He will be matching volunteers to the committees where they are needed.
- Your committee report forms are available online https://wbcci.org/general-info-and-forms/club-info/general-info-and-forms/general-info-and-forms or you can pick up a hard copy at the Member Services desk in the Friendship Center.
- Service animals only are allowed inside buildings.
- When you have your dog outside, please have him or her on a 6-foot leash (recommend non-retractable). It is important that you pick up after your pet. And please do not leave your pet in a situation that causes them to make constant noise. This is hard on the animal and on your neighbors.
Pump Out Schedule
Pump outs will begin Thursday, June 21, per the following schedule. The color represents the dot that was placed on your location sticker when you arrived.
Green Pump out on 6/25, and 6/29
Orange Pump out on 6/22, and 6/26
Pink Pump out on 6/23, and 6/27
Living the Dream Parade
“Living the Dream” parade on Friday, June 29 reminds all Units and Club who would like to participate to sign up with the Parade chairs (Milt Burton at 662-423-8090, or George McNinch at 228-818-9784), or secure an entry form at the Parade table at Check-In. All participating units should attend the Parade Chair’s meeting on June 26, from 3-4 pm in the Jackman Long Conference Room. The “Living the Dream” parade allows Airstreamers to express their creativity and entertain the Rally at large while honoring the lifestyle. Let’s all have fun!!
The Willamette Art Center is offering Special Art Classes for all WBCCI member’s attending the International Rally. The Center is located on the Oregon State Fairgrounds located at the north end of the Taproom (VAC Pavilion). Information about the available classes can be found at: Willamette Art Center Offerings | Salem International Rally 2018 .
Showers are located in Building 7, the Forster Livestock Pavilion. There are Men’s and Women’s showers at both ends of the building on the second floor
|Updates to Printed Program|
|As hard as we tried to get everything right, some changes needed to be made to the schedule after the rally program was sent to the printer. Please note these updates below. Enjoy the rally.|
|Saturday, June 23, 2018||11:00 AM||VAC Parade – NEW START TIME|
|Saturday, June 23||10:30 AM||Rountable Facilitators Meeting – Willamette Room of Cascade Hall|
|Saturday, June 23, 2018||3:00 PM||Audio Visual Device Check for Presenters – REVISED NAME – Willamette Room of Cascade Hall|
|June 23 (9-12 noon)
June 24 – June 29
|Same as vendor hours||Club Store – ADDED TO PROGRAM|
|Wednesday, June 27, 2018||10:30 AM||112 – Pendleton Nat’l Parks Blankets 1916-2018
Floral Building Hall
NEW TIME AND LOCATION
|Wednesday, June 27, 2018||1:30 PM||113 – Pendleton Travel Related Blankets – 1920 to 2018
Floral Building Hall
NEW PRESENTATION ADDED
|Saturday, June 23, 2018||9:00 AM||Band Practice – NEW LOCATION – FLORAL BUILDING LOBBY|
|Saturday, June 23, 2018||3:00 PM||Choir Practice – NEW LOCATION – FLORAL BUILDING LOBBY|
|Wednesday, June 27, 2018||1:30 PM||Dutch Oven Cooking – WHAT TO BRING POSTED AT https://salem.wbcci.net/recipe-for-dutch-oven-cooking-class/|
|Wednesday, June 27||1:30 PM||Tech Talk: What Airstream Service Techs Want You to Know See Below|
Wednesday, June 27 A unique presentation, compliments of Airstream Adventures Northwest:
1:30 p.m. in the Willamette Room of Cascade Hall – Title: Airstream Tech from a Dealer Perspective by Airstream Adventures Northwest – WHAT AIRSTREAM DEALERS WANT YOU TO KNOW WHEN SCHEDULING SEVICE.
This presentation focuses on tips for service appointments with an Airstream dealer, from setting the appointment with an advisor over the phone, to the day that you bring the vehicle in, and then suggestions for what to focus on when picking up from service.
Did you know The Wally Byam Airstream Club is now represented in 15 countries?
The custom-made flag with our 13 European countries with Ian & Ariane Jamieson will arrive in Salem on Saturday, just in time for the Opening Ceremony on Sunday.
The online registration is closed. Registrations will be accepted on arrival at the fairgrounds. To register, please call WBCCI office at 937-596-5211.
The Rally Arrivals Team looks forward to welcoming you to Salem. Below is helpful information to smooth your arrival experience.
When you arrive to the bullpen, we’ll provide you a rally packet containing rally ribbons, maps, tickets and a welcome letter. We’ve extended parking hours to 8 AM-8 PM. After hours arrivals can overnight in the bullpen/staging area (dry camping) and we’ll park you the next morning. Airstreamers wishing to park together must arrive together – we plan to park rigs in the order in which they arrive as we have 700 plus units to park in a short period of time.
Be prepared. We are camping on a state fairground where water and electric may not be close to your rig. Please bring an additional water hose with a free flow Y adapter so we can daisy chain water if necessary. Bring an additional electric cord and adapters suitable to carry the electrical load your trailer requires. Arrive with your holding tanks empty and fresh water tank completely full.
June 22: IBT Meeting
June 23: Vintage Airstream Club Parade
June 24: Vintage Open House, Opening Ceremony
June 27: Delegates Meeting
June 29: Closing Ceremony
June 30: IBT Meeting
What’s there to do in Salem? Follow these links and be amazed!
Who’s Coming to Salem?
Click on the Facebook Icon for more information on the 2018 International Rally.